Essential oils are widely known for the practicing of aromatherapy. They can either inhaled or diluted and rub on top of the skin. However, essential oils not meant for swallowing.
The chemical substances in essential oils can interact with your body in many ways.
When you applied essential oils to the skin, your skin can absorb the herbs chemicals.
Certain methods can improve absorption, such as applying to the skin with heat. So does different areas of the body.
Inhaling the aromas of essential oils can stimulate your limbic system. That is the part of your brain that plays roles of emotion, behaviors, sense of smells, and long-term memory too.
There are more than 90 types of essential oils, each with its own unique aroma and smells.
Here is the list of top 10 popular essential oils and its health benefits:
- Peppermint: Used to boost energy and help with digestion.
- Lavender: Used for stress relief.
- Sandalwood: Used to calm nerves and help with focus.
- Bergamot: Used to reduce stress and improve skin conditions like eczema.
- Rose: Used to improve mood and reduce anxiety.
- Chamomile: Used for improving mood and relaxation.
- Ylang-Ylang: Used to treat headaches, nausea and skin conditions.
- Tea Tree: Used to fight infections and boost immunity.
- Jasmine: Used to help with depression, childbirth, and libido.
- Lemon: Used to aid digestion, mood, headaches and more.
Other Uses of Essential Oils Benefits
Many people use them to scent their homes or freshen up things like laundry.
They are also used as a natural scent in homemade cosmetics and high-quality natural products.